When I got married several years ago, I was not really expecting much in the way of wedding presents considering that it was going to be my third wedding and many of my friends were probably getting tired of spending their money on me all the time. So after the ceremony and the short honeymoon when we settled down to open the presents, I was not very surprised to find that one of the boxes contained a Japanese kitchen knives set. We were supposed to be moving into a new house with my new husband and I had not had any time to shop for utensils or cutlery so the Japanese knives set was a very thoughtful gift.
At the time I thought the kitchen knives set was a little too much for me. It had so many knives and I was not even sure about the purpose of some of them. Basically, they were what you would expect to find in the kitchen of a professional chef working at a high end restaurant. As a simple girl who grew up in the city, I was used to kitchen settings that did not include so many different knives. Now here I was with all these strange pieces. However, I decided to go with it and took it upon myself to learn the names and uses of each and every knife within the set. I was pleased and surprised at what I learnt.
Each of the knives has its own unique Japanese name and most of them have interesting histories within the general Japanese culture. Thinking back now, several years after the wedding, I am sure that out of all the wedding presents that we received on that day this Japanese kitchen knives set is arguably the one that was the most precious considering that I have kept it this long and still cherish it to this very day.
Looking for a good blender can be tricky at times with so many varieties to choose from and with many coming in different sizes and differing performance wise and cost wise. However, out of the many types available in the market, the following 3 is my favorite so you might want to look at these when looking to buy one. You can check out this blenders review for more blenders too.
1. Ninja Ultima Blender – This is the type of blender that is especially made for those users who are looking for a powerful blender and are also looking to save some money. It uses 1500 watts of power which give it a very impressive performance rate. It has two single-serving jar attachments which is ideal for blending smooth morning meals into a seal-able go-to glass. Amounting to a cost of $259, this blender is definitely a middle ground for you girls who are looking for something strong and affordable.
2. Vitamix 7500 Blender – Being the most recognizable manufacturers in the market, Vitamix have released a new model, the Vitamix 7500 which has a motor reaching a peak of 2.2 horsepower and is equipped with sharp blades which spin at about 37,000 rpm. Its power outshines most blenders in the market today, however, with this power, comes a hefty cost of about $529. If you are looking to buy an extremely powerful blender regardless of cost, then the Vitamix 7500 is the way to go.
3. Hamilton Beach Smoothie Blender – This is my favorite blender for basic blending. Its performance may not compare much to the other 2 blenders above, but it is perfect for blending smooth foods like milkshakes, flour, whipped cream, salsas etc. It uses 700 watts of power which doesn’t give it a lot of power to blend harder substances, but it will still complete its job admirably. Being one of the cheapest blenders available in the market today costing about $39, this blender is the best way to go for users who are looking for something cheap with average performance.
Find out the top 10 blenders in the market in this site.
There are a number of great smells in the world, for instance, freshly brewed coffee, a peeled nectarine and the smell of a freshly bathed and powdered baby. These smells will, however, not involve you running up and down the aisles of your nearest supermarket looking for homemade peanut butter. What would cause this insanity? Freshly baked bread, of course. Loved for thousands of years, bread has been not only a staple food for millions, but also a guilty pleasure for many.
Waiting outside your bakery for a fresh loaf is no longer needed, thanks to some guy at Panasonic, who, in 1986 decided to introduce bread making machine to the household. Not only does this save a huge amount of grocery time, it also has that fresh-baked smell permeating through your kitchen for the duration of the day.
Top Panasonic bread machines have not only made the lives of the ordinary households a little bit easier, but by having easy-to-use systems, bread making is no longer restricted to those who carry either a degree in astrophysics or bakers. Known to be quiet, these ranges ensure that the entire household won’t know what you’re up to until you surprise them with a fresh slice of homemade love with their breakfast.
Bread machines are also so sophisticated nowadays, that specialty Japanese breads are even featured on the preprogrammed settings. This is of course if you’re willing to bump up the price a bit and if you’re will to spend a little more time reading the instruction manual. It will serve you well as those armies-in-a-hurry will be an easy task with the quick bake option.
If sophistication is a requirement, a further bump in the price is needed as well as a little bit more space to accommodate a thicker manual. Top of the range bread machines offer health-bread options as well as a pizza dough maker. This is great news for those who are figure conscious, as there are gluten-free baking options as well. Easy to clean and scratch resistant, home-baked bread has suddenly gone classy.
An espresso coffee maker could be the hidden secret to making that great cup of coffee you have been longing for. That is why you should embark on finding the best espresso coffee makers. Here are some of the espresso machine reviews 2015 on the best models in the market.
Breville BES900XL Nespresso Citiz
- It is rated among the best Nespresso Citz coffee makers on the market. This coffee maker features a host of control buttons, which help in giving users full control of the coffee making process. It comes with a sturdy construction that explains in detail why it is highly durable. It also features an auto-shut off system that makes it easier for you to make your cup of coffee without worrying about when to switch it off.
Delonghi Esam3300 Magnifica
- This super automatic coffee maker boasts of an ergonomic control panel, a patented brew system and a cappuccino system frothier. All these features make this coffee maker the perfect machine for mixing milk and steam for purposes of creating a thick froth. It features temperature control buttons, reheat functions and decalcification indicators which are specially designed to alert you when it is time to clean this machine
If you are searching for a coffee maker that is capable of crushing even the hardest of coffee beans, then this is the best coffee maker for you. It features a built-in grinder that is versatile enough to crush hard coffee beans within the shortest time possible. Once it is done making coffee, it will automatically shut itself off without your intervention. Its milk frothier and 7 separate flavor settings are all what you need to prepare a great cup of coffee.
Important features to look for in an espresso coffee maker
- The coffee maker must be accompanied with a warranty that covers it from damages in the future. This is the best way of assuring you that the manufacturer has great confidence in the coffee maker.
Auto-shut off system
- This feature is important since it will make it easier for you to make your cup of coffee devoid of hassles.
- Though this is not necessary, it is however essential for you if you love taking coffee that is mixed with milk.
Do you normally do a lot of baking and cooking at your home? It is time you consider purchasing a food processor. This great appliance will make your daily work of mixing, chopping and pureeing foods a walk in the park. While there are numerous brands of food processors on the market, just a few of them are capable of performing to your expectations. This means you have to choose a processor that is large and powerful enough to handle your tasks appropriately. This leaves you with no choice but to do your assignment on the best food processors on the market. Here are some of the best food processors.
1. Cuisinart Black 14-C –Elite
- This processor delivers a superb innovation for virtually all modern kitchens. It comes with versatile stainless steel blades used for mixing and chopping. It offers a 3 processing speed and comes with a host of easy-to –use features such as electronic touchpad controls and dough control buttons. It boasts of a durable construction and convenient storage.
2. Papaya 3-C
- The processor is termed as among the most useful food preparation appliances. It comes with a 3-cup bowl and a grid or chops touchpad control and powerful grinding or chopping blades which are capable of crushing virtually every ingredient. Its 1000-watt powerful induction motor provides an excellent performance that cannot be matched by many processors. It is also easy to clean and easy to use thanks to its electronic touchpad controls.
3. Cuisinart White 7-C
- This is the right processor to prepare foods for big families, thanks to its size and power which give it more than enough versatility to process a variety of ingredients. It comes with stainless steel chopping or cutting blades, a shredding disc, detachable disc stem a recipe instruction book and spatula. Its 1200-watts motor makes it suitable for tackling nearly all food processing tasks.
These are just a number of top rated food processors, they are many more. If you aren’t conversant with selecting the best food processor NYC Single Mom Reviews will guide on how to go about it.
How to make an espresso – Reluctantgourmet.com
If you want a good rice cooker that is reasonably priced, or even an economical rice cooker, then Aroma rice cookers are probably your best options. Aroma produces different models of cookers. They are ideal kitchen equipment both for large and small family. Below are Aroma rice cooker reviews:
Aroma ARC- 838TC 8-Cup Digital Rice Cooker
This is a programmable rice cooker that only steams rice but can also be used to steam vegetables and meat. Meat and vegetables can be steamed at the same time as rice is cooking. It makes 4 to 16 cups of cooked rice. It also has a delay timer that allows you to set up your cooking needs many hours earlier. It comes with a manual that tells you how much water and rice to add. It comes with an easy to use digital control panel.
Aroma ARC – 150SB 20-Cup Cooked Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
This is best for a restaurant. It perfectly prepares 2 to 8 cups of cooked rice. It steams meat and vegetables while rice cooks below. It comes with easy to use digital controls with brown rice, white rice steam and warm functions. It also features a programmed 15-hour delay timer for meal planning. It is also great for stews, soups, and chilli. It is also very easy to clean.
Aroma Arc- 173 -3-Cup (Uncooked) 6- Cup (Cooked ) Rice Cooker
This is perfect for an individual. It can only hold up to 3 cups of uncooked rice. When it finishes cooking it automatically switches to warming mode to ensure your food is kept warm. It has a break resistant tempered glass lid to help you monitor the rice as it is cooking. It features a non stick pot for easy cleaning.
To get the best tasting rice, a rice cooker is a must have. Check out Aroma rice cooker reviews for more information on this brand.